About Me

My photo
Daughter of the King

Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Watch your words

“The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences” Proverbs 18:21.

While talking to a friend, she wanted God to save her marriage. So we prayed together and a few days later, she came to me saying how frustrated she was and how she wanted out. I told her to get some duct tape and put it over her mouth because she was messing up what God wanted to do in her home with her words. In one breath it was, “Lord save my relationship.” In another breath it was, “This man is the devil! I’m out of here.”

Well maybe you’re in a relationship with someone that acts like the devil, or maybe your boss or parent behaves like the devil, and you don’t know what to do. You want to see a change, but you don’t think you have the patience or strength to wait it out while God does whatever He’s going to do. In this situation, you need understanding. The Bible says understanding will keep you (see Proverbs 2:11). It will help keep your tongue, and it will keep your mind.

Understanding is God’s mind on the matter. Let Him show you what He thinks about the situation you’re in and what He wants you to do.

Prayer: Father God, thank You for speaking directly to my heart. I repent for the things I’ve been saying. Give me understanding and help me keep my mouth. Help me not cancel my prayers through wrong talking. Be glorified in this situation. I’ll cooperate with You. In Jesus name, Amen.


( Daughters of the King Daily Devotionals)

No comments:

Post a Comment