About Me

My photo
Daughter of the King

Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Knitted Hearts ( Part 2 )


“As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.” 1 Samuel 18:1, ESV

In the midst of corrupted hearts, authentic, non-competitive, loving friendships do exist, but only God can supply such a thing. I didn’t always have this mindset, especially after some friendship betrayals, but once I drew closer to God and allowed Him to work in my heart, I began to attract what I gave.

If you give love, you’ll receive love! If you have compassion, you’ll receive compassion! If you encourage, you’ll receive plenty of encouragement! If you offer support, God will surround you with loving supporters! We call this, “sowing and reaping.” You can’t expect to receive what you never give.

Beyond common interests and a sense of humor, the aim of friendships are to sow into each other words of purpose, eternal life and blessings. When we do this, we refresh each other’s spirit and strengthen each other’s faith. A Godly friendship means you bear your own hurts along with those of your friend. You cry when they cry, laugh when they laugh, applaud them when they succeed and hold up their arms when the battle has made them weak.

Truth: You can’t expect to receive what you never give.

Point to Ponder: Are you being the kind of friend you want to have?

Pray with me: Dear Heavenly Father, I ask that You heal every wound from past failed friendships. I deeply desire to have true friendships in my life, but I know I have to give in order to receive. So I pray that You help me be the Godly friend You expect me to be. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!


( Daughters of the King daily devotionals )

No comments:

Post a Comment