About Me

My photo
Daughter of the King

Followers

Friday, June 19, 2015

Loose them and Let them Go.


“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life” John 10:10, New Living Translation (NLT)

When an eagle swoops down to pick up a fish from the water, if it holds on to a fish that is too big for too long, the eagle risks drowning. What a waste of a beautiful soaring creature—to be drowned by a fish.

Are you being drowned by a fish? Refusing to let go of your catch or that relationship? It doesn’t matter who the person may be and what they’ve meant to you in the past, if God has instructed you to let them go, you must let them go or you will drown! Holding on to them will cause you to do things you wouldn’t normally do, say things you wouldn’t normally say, and act in ways that is totally uncharacteristic of you. They are not worth you losing yourself, losing your life and God’s destiny for your life.

This is how the enemy destroys a life. He entices you to hold on to, run after, obsess over, and completely lose yourself in your hunt for a fish. Loose them and let them go so you can soar the way God intended for you to soar. You may can’t imagine life without them, but now is the time to obey His prompting lest you drown.

Prayer: Father God, thank You for speaking directly to my heart. Forgive me for trying to hold on to someone you’ve told me to let go of. I repent for placing a person before You. I yield to You right now and to Your will. I trust You know what’s best for me. Take Your rightful place on the throne of my heart and help me move forward. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

( Daughters of the King daily devotionals)

No comments:

Post a Comment