About Me

My photo
Daughter of the King

Followers

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Stay focused and never lose hope!


“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12, NIV

It can be difficult to remain focused, patient and joyful while in the midst of affliction. Your prayer time suddenly becomes limited because you are seeking ways, in your own strength, to find solutions. Your hope is suddenly floored because you begin to think there’s no way out.

In difficult moments like these, when it’s hardest to pray, that is when we must pray the hardest. When it’s the hardest to trust, that is when you should trust the hardest. When it’s hardest to love, we love harder. Jesus told His followers, “In this life you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world” (see John 16:33).

Next time you are up against a Red Sea and see no way of parting it, run to your source of hope, to your source of strength and your source of peace…run to Jesus! Without a yielding heart, you won’t make it on this journey called life, because when you begin to remove your focus from your Savior, you begin to remove your focus from your salvation. Stay focused!

“If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps moving, you lose that courage to be and that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Prayer: Lord, help me stay focused on You and Your supply. I admit that I have sought after my own strength but plenty of times I have found nothing. I know that You are the only one mighty to save and the only one who can help me cross this red sea that I am up against. I repent for taking my eyes off You and I recommit my focus onto you, my King. Strengthen me, equip me and overwhelm me with Your peace in the name of Your precious Son I pray, Amen!


(Daughters of the King daily devotionals)

No comments:

Post a Comment